Tarlow Breed Hart & Rodgers, P.C. is pleased to announce that Jon Barooshian has joined TBHR and will work in the firm’s expanding criminal and civil litigation practice focusing on governmental investigations and tax controversies. Since his work as an Assistant District Attorney in Massachusetts, Jon has nearly fifteen years’ experience defending individuals and corporations being investigated by federal and state agencies and, when necessary, defending these clients in administrative proceedings and at trial in both civil and criminal proceedings. Jon routinely represents his clients in civil and criminal tax fraud investigations, FBAR and offshore bank account proceedings, voluntary disclosure proceedings, and state and federal tax collection proceedings. Some examples of Jon’s other recent representations include:
- Represented major global financial services company in connection with an investigation by state regulatory agencies into client’s alleged complicity into health care fraud.
- Represented non-profit higher educational institution in connection with investigations by state authorities into expense abuse.
- Negotiated resolution of parallel criminal and civil proceedings on behalf of husband and wife business owners indicted for evading taxes on more than $1 million in revenue. Clients were the only targets of the investigation, which focused on seven individuals, to avoid incarceration.
- Investigated client allegation of fraudulent invoice and expense practices unraveling widespread scheme and saving the client hundreds of thousands of dollars annually.
- Represented a major regional health care company in connection with an internal investigation of corporate bribery and subsequent prosecution of alleged offenders.
- Represented a major regional construction company in connection with parallel criminal and civil investigations into alleged OSHA violations.
Jon’s addition to TBHR continues our commitment to assisting entrepreneurs and business owners with the many challenges to successful growth and profitability.
To contact Jon Barooshian, please click here.