Estate planning for corporate executives can differ from that for the Average Joe. Not only might corporate executives draw a larger salary, but in many cases they hold stock or revenue-sharing interests in their company, including stock options or other forms of executive compensation. And that takes a certain expertise in creating a comprehensive estate plan.
Jeffrey P. Hart, member of Boston-based Tarlow, Breed, Hart and Rodgers, P.C., recently recorded a video presentation for ReedLogic Corporation’s Video Leadership Series on “Estate Planning for Corporate Executives.” This 50-minute video presentation discusses the following topics:
- Strategies to save estate taxes
- Asset protection strategies
- Wills, family trusts, durable powers, health care proxies, HIPPA authorization.
- Planning strategies involving: ILITs, GRATs, FLPs, LLCs, QPRTs, IDGTs, CRTs, and Foundations.
- Which experts and counselors should be involved in your estate planning.
“What’s involved with the estate planning for a typical corporate executive would take hours and certainly not be that entertaining. This presentation will provide corporate executives with a good working knowledge about what needs to be done to create an estate plan or upgrade an existing plan,” said Hart.
Samples of the types of questions answered in the Video Leadership Seminar include:
- What challenges are most often encountered during the estate planning process?
- What are the most useful estate planning tools?
- What procedure is used to identify and establish the primary objectives of the estate planning strategy?
- What technique is used to pin down the strategy for tax liability? How is the strategy updated to keep pace with current tax law?
- What tax laws affect estate plans? How are the laws changing?
- What experts are involved in the planning process?
Hart is one of the founding members of the firm and concentrates his practice in the areas of taxation, business law and estate planning. Earlier in his career, he practiced as a certified public accountant in the tax division of an international accounting firm where he gained expertise addressing the business and tax issues facing closely held businesses and high net worth individuals.
About Tarlow, Breed, Hart & Rodgers, P.C.
Formed in 1991, Tarlow, Breed, Hart & Rodgers, P.C. is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive legal services to its clients. Featuring a breadth and depth of experience and perspective usually found only at larger law firms, Tarlow, Breed, Hart & Rodgers. P.C. offers sophisticated legal counsel to entrepreneurs, businesses, individuals, families, and institutions.
Tarlow, Breed, Hart & Rodgers’ areas of expertise include corporate law, employment matters, mergers and acquisitions, litigation and dispute resolution, estate planning, taxation, real estate, bankruptcy, and municipal law.
The offices of Tarlow, Breed, Hart & Rodgers, P.C. are located at 101 Huntington Avenue, Prudential Center, in Boston, MA 02199. For additional information, or to arrange for a consultation, please call 1-617-218-2000, e-mail email@example.com, or visit www.tbhr-law.com.